Skip to Content

FPL xG (Expected Goals), xA, xG per 90 – Live Table

xG (expected goals) and xA (expected assists) are the latest ‘in-fashion’ statistics in FPL analysis.

What is xG (Expected Goals)?

In football, xG means expected goals. It is a statistic, as the name suggests, used to determine the expected number of goals a player or team should have scored.

In Fantasy Premier League terms we can also look at expected points. Use our FPL Points Predictor tool, which is free, to check out who’s expected to score the most points (updated before every gameweek).

What is xGI?

xGI is short for expected goal involvement. It combines xG and xA meaning xGI = xG + xA.

xG, xA and xG per 90 Player Stats Premier League – Live Table

Here is every player’s xG and xA from the Premier League. The stats are live and are based on the 2022/23 Premier League season.

The table also shows xGI, xG per 90, xA per 90, and xG per 90 + xA per 90. This information can prove useful when looking at players that have been injured or even out of favour.

Additionally, you can filter the team, position, price, and ownership columns to narrow down your search.

Furthermore, we have now added the ability to filter all data in the below table by the last 1 through to 6 GWs.

Name Team Position Price Ownership Goals Assists Points xG xA xGI xG90 xA90 xGI90 xG xA xGI xG90 xA90 xGI90 xG xA xGI xG90 xA90 xGI90 xG xA xGI xG90 xA90 xGI90 xG xA xGI xG90 xA90 xGI90 xG xA xGI xG90 xA90 xGI90 xG xA xGI xG90 xA90 xGI90

Who has the Highest xG?

Mohamed Salah had the highest xG with 24.36 in the Premier League in 2021/22.

Here are the top 5:

  1. Mohamed Salah - 24.36
  2. Harry Kane - 20.69
  3. Diogo Jota - 17.35
  4. Cristiano Ronaldo - 17.21
  5. Heung Min Son - 16.99

Who has the Highest xA?

Trent Alexander-Arnold had the highest Premier League xA in 2021/22.

Here are the top 5:

  1. Trent Alexander-Arnold - 12.69
  2. Kevin De Bruyne - 11.26
  3. Harry Kane - 9.82
  4. Mohamed Salah - 9.79
  5. Bruno Fernandes - 8.81

Highest xGI per 90?

Many FPL managers look towards the highest xGA per 90 stat (xG + xA).

This is because it takes into account minutes played and therefore shows the theoretical results should every player have played the same minutes.

The players with the highest xGA in the Premier League in 2021/22 are as follows:

  1. Mohamed Salah - 1.12
  2. Raheem Sterling - 0.88
  3. Diogo Jota - 0.87
  4. Riyad Mahrez - 0.86
  5. Harry Kane - 0.85

How is xG Calculated?

xG is calculated using numerous factors. The player's distance from goal, type of shot, quality of the pass (and more) are all considered.

An easy way to look at xG is if that particular situation happened 100 times, how often would the player/team score.

Read More: Premier League Team News - Predicted Lineups

For example, a 25-yard shot might be given an xG of 0.05 (a 5% chance of scoring) whereas an open goal in the 6 yard box 0.95 (a 95% chance of scoring).

The same applies to xA (expected assists), whereby when the proposed assister passes/crosses the ball how frequently it would result in a goal.

FPL xG Stats

With stats being such an integral part of Fantasy Premier League, xG and xA are becoming increasingly important metrics.

Some FPL managers even prefer using them ahead of traditional goal, assist, and shots on target statistics.

Read More: FPL Effective Ownership Live Table - Updated Beginning of Every Gameweek

The above table shows goal, assist, xG, xA, and their differences for every Premier League player. This will enable you to make more informed decisions as to who are the best players for your FPL team.

It's important to note that xG doesn't take into account the finishing ability of a player.

So, Harry Kane, Jorginho, and Harry Maguire will all have the same xG should they get into the same positions.